Incredible Dough Leaves
Aleene’s® Original Tacky Glue
- Bread, 1 Slice White or Cornstarch
- Plastic Cup
- Craft Stick
- Small Plastic Bag
- Measuring Spoon
- Acrylic Paint for Leaves
- Paintbrush or Paper Towel
- Rolling Pin - Optional
- Wax Paper
Instructions for Bread Dough:1. Remove crust and discard.
2. Tear bread into small pieces, placing in cup.
3. Add 2 tablespoons Tacky Glue.
4. Mix with craft stick until coarse ball forms.
5. Place ball into plastic bag. Knead until smooth and pliable.
Instructions for Cornstarch Dough:
1. Place 2 parts cornstarch to 1 part glue in plastic bag. Close bag.
2. Mush until completely mixed. Add more cornstarch if it's too sticky or add more glue if it's too stiff.
Instructions to Make Leaves:
- Place wax paper on work surface. Flatten dough to slightly larger than leaf with your hands or using rolling pin.
- Press leaf into dough with veins on dough. Remove by pulling it straight up. If desired, cut around edges with a knife. Let dry.
- Squeeze out a small puddle of paint on wax paper. Paint with brush or dabbing on with paper towel.
Create beautiful roses, sculptures, kid’s crafts and more with this Incredible Bread Dough. Make any size amount of dough using the ratio of one slice of bread to 2 tablespoons Tacky Glue. Check out more amazing ways to use this dough in the Make Healthy Fun! book, ebook or video.