I Love You Pin
Use your child's hand as the pattern to make this pin extra special
What You Need
Glue gun and glue sticks
Acrylic paint, red
Krylon® Spray Paint, Sterling Silver
Permanent marker, black
1/8” diameter hole punch
Paintbrush, ½” wide
2 jump rings, silver
2 earring backs
E6000® Craft Glue
What To Do
- Place hand flat on shrink plastic, spreading fingers slightly apart. Trace hand, using marker.
- Cut out on inside of lines.
- Punch hole in center of hand, 1/8” from lower edge.
- Place heart patterns under plastic. Trace three large hearts and three small hearts. Cut out.
- Preheat oven to 275-300 degrees. Lightly sprinkle baking sheet with baby powder and place plastic pieces on baking sheet. Place in oven. When flat, remove from oven with hot pad and let cool.
- While hand shape is still warm, bend middle two fingers down. Refer to photo.
- Spray hand and large hearts with paint, spraying in a well-ventilated area and following manufacturer’s instructions. Let dry.
- Place small hearts on wax paper. Paint, using acrylic paint. Let dry.
- Glue red hearts on silver hearts.
- For pin, open one jump ring, using pliers. Insert jump ring through punched hole. Glue another jump ring on back upper center of heart, so a small amount is above the large heart. Let glue cool. Place jump ring on hearts through jump ring in hand. Close using pliers. Glue pin back on back of hand.
- For earrings, glue red hearts on silver hearts. Glue earring backs to back of large hearts.