Here's a great family activity for a cold day - make this yummy soup and then create a soup tureen to make soup serving special!
Here's What You'll Need
- Aleene's Original Tacky Glue
- Pebeo Porcelaine Paint: Scarlet, Yellow, Bronze
- Tureen, ceramic
- Soft cloth
- Foil for palette
- Plastic wrap
- Silk leaves (fall colors)
How to Create It1. Clean outside of tureen with alcohol, using soft cloth.
2. Place a small amount of yellow paint on foil. Add a dab of scarlet and bronze paint. Mix with toothpick.
3. Tear a 12" piece of plastic wrap from roll. Scrunch. Dip plastic wrap in paint. Dab off excess on foil. Dab paint on tureen until desired look is achieved. Let dry 24 hours.
4. Place tureen in cold oven. Set temperature to 300 degrees. When oven temperature stabilizes, bake for 30 minutes. Turn off oven and allow tureen to cool down gradually in oven. Once tureen has been 'baked' it is dishwasher and microwave safe.
5. Tie raffia around tureen. Glue leaves on raffia streamers.
Leftover Turkey Soup Recipe
Ingredients1 cup uncooked fine whole wheat noodles
1 tablespoon instant minced onion
2-1/2 tablespoons chicken flavored bouillon granules
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon dried whole thyme
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1 bay leaf
4 quart cooking pot
8 cups water
1 diced carrot
3 cups cooked diced turkey
How to Make It1. Place all dry ingredients in cooking pot. Add water and carrot. Bring to a boil. Cover. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes. Discard bay leaf.
2. Stir in turkey. Simmer an additional 5 minutes.
Make 2 quarts. Serve this scrumptious turkey soup in your beautiful tureen.